Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Solaris 10: Unable to login into NonGlobal Zones (NGZ) after Patching


Yesterday I faced an issue, where in I was unable to login into NGZ's after kernel patching. Though the zlogin was working perfectly.
Initially I think the cause is ssh key, then I tried to login into the NGZ from the network, it was showing ssh connection refused.
I have checked the ssh services via zlogin. There were many services related to network which were not running including ssh. All services were depending on /system/sysidtool:net service which is in disbale mode. I tried to enable /system/sysidtool:net service but No luck.

# svcs -vx
# svcs -a | grep -i /system/sysidtool:net
# svcadm enable /system/sysidtool:net
# svcs -a | grep -i /system/sysidtool:net
# svcs -vx

Then I examine the logs for this service failure and found:

[ Aug 27 09:15:49 Method "start" exited with status 0 ]
[ Aug 27 09:36:58 Enabled. ]
[ Aug 27 09:37:01 Executing start method ("/lib/svc/method/sysidtool-net") ]
/etc/.UNCONFIGURED not found. System already configured, /lib/svc/method/sysidtool-net exiting.
[ Aug 27 09:37:01 Method "start" exited with status 0 ]
[ Aug 27 14:58:06 Enabled. ]
[ Aug 27 14:58:12 Executing start method ("/lib/svc/method/sysidtool-net") ]
ifconfig: status: SIOCGLIFFLAGS: fjgi0: no such interface
ifconfig: setifflags: SIOCGLIFFLAGS: fjgi0: no such interface
ifconfig: status: SIOCGLIFFLAGS: fjgi7: no such interface
ifconfig: setifflags: SIOCGLIFFLAGS: fjgi7: no such interface
Terminated

At this point of time I checked the Interfaces, but all were up and running fine in Global as well as in Non-global zone.
Then one particular line got my attention:

"/etc/.UNCONFIGURED not found. System already configured, /lib/svc/method/sysidtool-net exiting."

I checked /etc/.UNCONFIGURE with ls -la in the NGZ and found one file with name .UNCONFIGURE, which was of 0 "Zero" size.
I removed this file and restarted the NZG, all went in favor and all services started successfully. 

# cd /etc
# ls -la
# rm .UNCONFIGURE
# zoneadm -z zone-name reboot

No comments:

Post a Comment